Art Holiday Accommodation in SW France Details

Monday 22 December 2014

POP ARTIST ANDY WARHOL


Anyone who's bored with these portraits and my ramblings should maybe skip this post.
However,  continuing on with alleviating the boredom of winter, I decided, just to be a little bit different, to change to mixed media portraits to while away the hours. 
So here's another icon of twentieth century art. 
'What?' I hear some people say. (Someone even said, 'What crap!')  And, 'What's so good about Andy Warhol?'
Well, think about it this way. Anyone who's able to change the way we ACTUALLY SEE, must be someone special. 
This is what I'm getting at:
If anyone says Elizabeth Taylor or Marilyn Monroe - or even Chairman Mao, I think we remember Andy Warhol's huge, brightly coloured silkscreen paintings - rather than the person themselves. 
Anyone disagree? If 'yes' please send me an email. 

No comments:

Post a Comment