Art Holiday Accommodation in SW France Details

Tuesday 8 July 2014

EMBRYOLOGY OF A PAINTING

I decided I wanted to do another one. A portrait of Lynne, that is.
But she won't sit for me. "It's too boring, and you always make me look so miserable."
Luckily I'd taken this picture of her at Mona in Hobart, which is in Tasmania, which is a state of Australia, which is a long way from here. On one of David Walsh's chairs. Against a red wall.
So, here's what happened:


Stage 1
I asked:
"So what do you think Lynne?"
Lynne said:
"You've got so much to do Raymond. You don't have time for this kind of thing. And where are you going to hang it, anyway?"
In the hope that I'd get a morsel of encouragement from another quarter, I emailed pics of the various stages to each of the kids.
Here's what Justin said: nothing.
Here's what Vicky said: nothing.
Here's what Paul said: nothing.



Stage 2.
Here's what Lynne said: 
"Why do you always make me look like a fucking monkey?"
Here's what Justin said: nothing.
Here's what Vicky said: nothing.
Here's what Paul said: nothing.
In the hope that the morsel of encouragement would eventually be forthcoming,  I emailed the kids:
"Hey! Don't any of you like my fucking painting of your mother? I'd love to know what you think - one way or another."




Stage 3.
At this stage, I said to Lynne: "I'm going to enter it in the Mezin exhibition."
Here's what Lynne said:
"Oh, for Christ's sake don't be stupid! You can't put something like that in a village art show."
Here's what Justin said: nothing.
Here's what Vicky said in answer to my email designed to solicit a morsel of encouragement: 
"Not particularly.....just not my style!!!!."
Here's what Paul said: nothing.


To keep up to date with this 21st century family saga, please come back for more.
And if anyone sees David Walsh, please ask him what he thinks about his chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment