Art Holiday Accommodation in SW France Details

Monday 14 February 2011

SALOMÉ


Please don't ask why I painted this double portrait. Because I don't know the answer.
Perhaps the idea came to me when I was looking at a book of Renaissance portraits recently.
Maybe it's because the church in Mézin is called St Jean-Baptiste. (We know him better as St John the Baptist and inside you can see a wonderful stained glass window showing him having his head chopped off).
Or perhaps it's just because I felt the urge to paint a figure composition and neither model charges fees.
Anyway here it is.
And, please, please, no shrinks' telephone numbers. I believe myself to be quite sane, thank you very much.
For more details about the window or the painting, please click here to send me an email:> More information

No comments:

Post a Comment