Art Holiday Accommodation in SW France Details

Wednesday 4 August 2010

ANOTHER PORTRAIT FROM A PHOTOGRAPH


Some years ago, Lynne stated unequivocally that she was finished with sitting as my model. 'It's boring and time consuming and the results are never flattering,' she said, 'so find yourself another model. Or other models.'
Fortunately taking a snap is neither boring nor time consuming and I managed to get her to stand still for a few moments while I took her picture.
Then I painted her portrait from the photograph.
And I like the result.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is very engaging and many of the recent paintings are
    excellent. The latest portrait of Lynne is terrific as are the
    paintings in the icon series.
    You should enter the National Portrait
    Gallery's portrait award. Entries open in December for the 2011
    competition.
    Bonne chance, Paul

    ReplyDelete